May 3, 2011

Your fate lies in your hand

There was a Japanese festival at Clarke Quay last weekend, called 'Yokoso Japan Festival'. 'Yokoso' literally means 'welcome', when I string the words together, it doesn't really make sense.

I was there doing some street shopping with my sister and we saw a palmist, Master Khor, and I got really intrigued to have my fortune read. It was my first time, and I was indeed nervous! He looks at my face and just blurts out stuffs, he asked if we wanted both good news and bad news and we said both. So here are some of the points that he mentioned to me in no particular order (I need to write it down before I forget!) :

1. I have property luck. I should be in the property industry aka property agent (which I personally do not think it will happen) or I should invest in properties. I shall KIV this when i have more than 3 zeros in my bank.
2. I'm a rebellious child.
3. I'm a freedom seeker.
4. I will marry an exotic man. (I don't really know what he meant by this but I think he is trying to say not the typical guy you see on street)
5. My other half has to be mature than me, ideally 7 years older.
6. He also has to be smarter than me, because I tend to look down on my boyfriends (GASPS).
7. I'm a performer at work. I shine at what I'm doing. But i need to be more ambitious.
8. I will either migrate to a country really far from home, or I will travel a lot.
9. I'm stubborn.
10. I'm disciplined in life.
11. I should not get drunk when I drink.
12. Don't date ah beng, ah seng. (His words not mine)
13. I have high sex drive?
14. My colour is orange, red. I should not wear blue as I will attract the wrong people.
15. I need to be hardworking to earn cold hard cash. But I will live a well off life (because I'm disciplined and a natural performer nyahahaha - kidding)
16. I'm a hopeless romantic.
17. I love with all my heart, and hate with all my guts.
18. Health issues includes heart, eyes and back.
19. His advice was to wear sunglasses when I go out to avoid cataracts at old age. (Time to invest in those Wayfarers :D )
20. If i were to be looking for job right now, I'll definitely find it in three months. (but I'm not).

Some of it might think all the above sounds like BS, but there are a couple of things he mentioned that I totally agree with (no i'm not going to share intricate details, sorry). Also, bear in mind, I wasn't dressed up that day (just in case you'd thought all the sex drive and relationship tips he gave, came from the way I looked that day). I was in slippers, long skirts and glasses. No make ups, not a good hair day either. But overall, I'm really pleased with it. They say lines on your hand changes from time to time, so to get an accurate reading, you'll have to do it every 6 months. At $25 a pop talk, I'll think about it :)

No comments: