Mar 28, 2010

City Escape

Thought I ought to write down my experience with the *Scapes team today before I forget :P

Few days back I volunteered to be part of the crew for the finale programme for Media Fiesta, a creative festival in Singapore. I'm all for arts, creative and culture, and since I have so much extra time to spare, I thought why not? Hence, I was part of the crew for Sound@Scapes!

Somehow in between I manage to get my ex-roomie, Chin Chin in as well, but I ended up being assigned (actually, again, I volunteered to take up that role before anyone does, plainly because, I prefer to sit and work heh) as a receptionist while Chin Chin was assigned to be usher.

On Friday we both went for briefing, and once I stepped in the building, my intial thought was, "Crap." You see, everyone is freaking young! They are still in school, some in poly, but still!! @#$%^! It was pretty obvious we were the older pair, not that I mind being older, but happens that the Floor Manager, the one that called us up to be volunteers is also younger! fml really.

Overall I think the whole management is crappy, very disorganized, as everything is so messed up and last minute. The event went really well though. The response from the crowd was overwhelming, the exhibitions were spanking awesome, gigs that went on in The Warehouse were really good! However I think the crowd is very, urm, static. Passive like max. No one even scream except me. -_- No feel man watch bands rock on stage and stand still. (I on the other hand was trying to imagine myself in Barsonic lah. Deprived man, deprived!)

Got $20 at the end of the night, pretty crappy pay right? Okay la at least they didn't ill-treat us, and I was volunteering and wasn't there for the money. Got to scream my lungs out a little bit and get to keep my tee shirt lor. And not forgetting the crappy goodie bag. However my best reward is that I get to know three fantastic girls! One of them is sixteen and omg I love her to bits cos she is abit cuckoo in her head. HAHA Merideff I'm so glad I met you! Oh oh! And she is the first person I met (in my generation) that has NO facebook! How cool is that? She is a resistant! Hahaha!

Girls from left; Sophia, a pretty fatten up Rachy, Merideff :)

Ok lazy to blog already, need to do some work for Tim before he kills me. Ciao!

3 comments:

kei said...

gord created fb like 2 months ago =.= i know him for about a year n for the firs 10 months he had no fb! n he's 23 leh

Ying said...

eh, r u writing for tim's mag now?

Rach the Lee said...

@kei WOAH and Gord is from KL?! He should be on Discovery Channel!

@Ying Nope im not, just helping him out on other trivial stuff :)